top ten tuesday #1 unpopular bookish opinions

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

How it works:

I assign each Tuesday a topic and then post my top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join me and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

http://www.theartsyreadergirl.com

So I decided to partake in the Top Ten Tuesday meme since all I’ve been doing are reviews so why not something different for my book blog!

Today’s topics are ten unpopular bookish opinions and I feel like I have the same opinions as everyone else which makes it not really unpopular but why not make a list! If you share some of the same opinions then comment below!

Love Triangles

I actually like love triangles! But only done right lol. I don’t like love triangles where the main character is wishy washy and feels like they must pick between two people. I don’t know, I feel like a good love triangle can spice up a story a bit or add some seasoning to it.

Hardback > Paperbacks

I only say this because it’s aesthically pleasing to my eyes. For reading purposes, paperbacks all the way!

E-readers are underrated

Probably 98% of the books I read from my phone and the other 2% are actual physical copies.

Vampires and werewolves

Honestly, I kind of miss this trend. I feel like it’s been years since the vampire and werewolf era and I think we should bring it back.

Books with fae

People are saying faeries are the new vampires because of Sarah J. Maas and Holly Black books since they’re so popular and now they don’t want to read them. I agree that faeries are starting to be more popular but I’m not tired of them. I actually love the faery trend.

The Iron Fey series

The reason I love faeries is because of this series and I read these books a long time ago and they are popular, during their time but I feel like people have forgotten about this great series. I don’t know in case you haven’t read it, please read the Iron King by Julie Kagawa

The assassin trope is overrated

There I said it. If there’s one trope that’s been over used a lot and I’m quite seek of seeing is when the main character is an assassin.

Colored pages are tacky.

Yes, I said it. I think the colored pages on the side of books or whatever are tacky, extra, and unnecessary.

Sarah J. Maas is a trendsetter.

Ever since the Throne of Glass and A Court of Thrones and Roses became hyped, there’s so many books in a way kind of mimic her books. The Beauty and the Beast retelling, faeries, assassins, or whatever. I really believe anything Sarah J. Maas puts out whether it’s anything about dinosaurs, time travel, or even vampire mermaids, she’s going to start a trend.

The “strong bada–” female character

This one needs a whole post on it’s own because I believe we all need to redefine what makes a character “strong” and “bada–“. In my opinion, being the most powerful person in the series and beating up everyone does not equal to being strong.

What are your unpopular book opinions?

Thanks for reading! 💛

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “top ten tuesday #1 unpopular bookish opinions

  1. Omg! I completely agree with your last opinion. I hate that we have one expectation of “badass” female characters. They’re normally cold and closed off emotionally, which is super unrealistic.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. OMG I had something very similar on my post regarding the strong female characters. I feel like there is a typical type of personality which a few authors use and it becomes so repetitive. And I completely agree with you on redefining what it means to be strong! PREACH!

    Awesome post btw!

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s